Thursday, March 31, 2011

Featured Artisan: Ellen Buchanan Weiss


Metal jewelry

Website: http://ellenbuchanan.etsy.com 

BIO: I'm a 29 year old State College metalsmith.  I went to college first at Marlboro College, a tiny liberal arts school on a converted farm in Vermont's Green Mountains, and then at Penn State where I got a degree in philosophy and then later went back to study metalsmithing (right before the department closed, sadly).
Metalsmithing is my true passion and gives me deep and ongoing joy and satisfaction.  I love being in my studio forming a material that seems cold and unmoving into something beautiful and inspired.  I spend part of every day reading about and studying metalsmithing information and techniques and I like allowing my work to evolve as I do.
I love custom orders and working with somebody to turn their vision into reality. I believe in using recycled or responsibly sourced gems and metals wherever possible - doing so, in my opinion, adds beauty and meaning to art.


No comments:

Post a Comment