Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Featured Artisan...Dory Ferguson

Beadwork with kumihimo & lor knit accents. Glass, sterling and fine silver.

BIO:As an only child, I was encouraged to be creative from a young age in order to to entertain myself. My grandmother gave me a tin of buttons and beads and a new passion was born in me.  Lynne Merchant's hands-on approach to cold worked wire dazzled me, my friend Ceph taught and encouraged fiber-fiddling, and Ben Cunningham, a professor I had at PSU, really made me understand that personal adornment is the ultimate form of artist appreciation. I try to be conscious of where my materials are coming from and at what cost, both for original source items and up-cycling older pieces. Often times, I find beads that just are not made today.


No comments:

Post a Comment