Monday, March 28, 2011

Featured Artisan: J. Harlan Ritchey

 J. Harlan Ritchey

Art prints, shrink plastic magnets

BIO: J. Harlan Ritchey is an illustrator, cartoonist, and designer based in State College, PA. He is self-taught. He works primarily in pen-and-ink but is incorporating computers into his process. Previous clients include 4-H, the Goodling Institute for Research in Family Literacy, the Pennsylvania Center for the Book, Centre County Reads, and area musicians. He is inspired by shamanic cave painting, Breughel forgeries, Victorian zoological illustration, calligraphy in imaginary languages, poststructuralist interpretations of skateboarding, and beer labels.



1 comment:

  1. I bet I know this guy from somewhere, but rakija has washed my brain, so I cannot rememeber.I would give two bottles of rakija (2l diet soda size) to someone who could tell me how his face looks like.

    Hick, hick.

    Rakija boy

    ReplyDelete